Translate

Monday, August 4, 2014

Do we complicate things too much?

Ok so I'm sound asleep the other day and I get woken up by my youngest son yelling like a banshee.  I rub my eyes, sit up in bed and realize I'm not gonna get to go back to sleep because he is still yelling like a banshee.  I get his attention and ask him to please tone the banshee down to an old tired banshee that doesn't feel good and wants to go to bed.  My son tells me it's the fault of one of his friends that plays the game online with him.  So I tell my son to tell his friend to tone the banshee down to an old tired banshee that doesn't feel good and wants to go to bed.  My son tells his friend, "My Mom said to shutup."  Simple, direct, to the point.  Why I didn't say that I have no idea other than I was trying to be nice and not sound mean by saying shutup.  What I asked myself after this is, do we complicate things too much?  Do we say too many words when one would be enough?  Do we try to make our prayers full of words that sound good to other people?  Do we fill our head with too much stuff when just a little would be enough?  I know that there are times and places and situations in our lives that require complication.  Are we complicating things that don't?  I don't know.  I know I overthink things which don't need to be analyzed so much.  Are we being mean if we just say shutup?  So not to complicate this post that's all I'm gonna say.  Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment